Course Title: Pottery Beginners/ Improvers
Course Duration: 10 weeks
Weekly Schedule: This course may be taken at two different times:
- Wednesdays 17.00hrs – 18.50hrs
- Wednesdays 19.10 – 21.00hrs
Course Dates: 29th January to 22nd April 2020
*From January 2020 hobby courses may incur VAT charged at standard rate of 23%.
Purpose of the Course:
This course teaches the basic methods/ techniques of pottery for making 3D forms, including pinching, slabbing, coiling and throwing. Students will also get an opportunity to design and make craft pieces with both functional and decorative applications.
- Preparing clay for ceramic craftwork
- Roll and join clay to form slab pots
- Form and join coils to make coil pots
- Relief sculpture
- Decorate finished craftwork using glazes
- Introduction to throwing clay on the potter’s wheel
- Creative 3D hand building
- Mold making
Features of the Course:
- Tuition provided by experienced ceramics teacher
- Access to ceramic workshop
- Basic equipment/ materials supplied
For health and safety reasons students should wear closed footwear (no sandals or flip flops) and be aware that clothes may get messy although aprons will be provided.
This course caters for students who are new to working with clay or who want to refresh their existing skills. Application to the course is by enrolment
Applicants will be required to enrol and pay the full fee, prior to commencement of the course. Enrolment will take place on Wed. 15th and 22nd January 2020 from 6 to 8pm.