Award: QQI Special Purpose Level 6S20232
Course Duration: 26 Weeks
Weekly Schedule: Wednesdays 16.00 – 20.30 hrs and one Saturday per month, from 9.30 – 13.00 hrs.
Start Date: 23rd September 2020
Finish Date: 5th June 2021
Pre-selection interviews: 9th & 16th September 17.00 – 19.00 hrs.
Apply for the Tour Guiding Course – Apply Now
Purpose of the Course:
As tourism is such a fast growing industry in Ireland and the number of overseas visitors to our shores is set to increase significantly over the next few years, the demand for qualified tour guides has never been higher. This course is aimed at people who have a genuine interest in their locality, have a very positive appreciation of Ireland’s history, culture, tradition and folklore and who are enthusiastic about sharing this with others. The industry requires professionals who hold the Fáilte Ireland Tour Guiding Badge and who can demonstrate the following qualities.
- Excellent communication skills
- good leadership skills
- Confidence in dealing with large groups of people
- Passionate about their city and its surrounds
- Ability to problem solve on the go
- Possess an awareness of Health and Safety legislation
This course combines lectures with on the job work experience and role playing. Participants will learn about the business of tour guiding as well as gaining hands on experience. Participants will study the following
- Irish national Heritage and Culture 6N20231
- Irish Tour Guiding 6N20229
- National Tour Management 6N20230
In addition participants will have the opportunity to gain information on the following
- Safety & Health at work
- Digital Marketing
On successful completion of this course participants will receive the National Tour Guiding (white) Badge and may be included in the approved Tour Guide Directory that is hosted on the Fáilte Ireland website.
Features of the Course:
▪ Tuition provided by experienced Tour Guides/ Historians
▪ Guest speakers from regulatory bodies, tour operators and other industry experts
▪ Group management techniques and voice training
▪ Practical on the job training including field trips. Day and overnight travel covered by tuition fee, participants are responsible for overnight accommodation and meals.
- Print and fill out the Application form
- Email application form to email@example.com or post it to Liberties College, Bull Alley Street, Dublin 8.
- Applicants will be contacted in early September with an interview date and time. Interviews will take place in September 2020 from 17.00hrs to 19.00hrs.
Application and Enrolment:
Following a successful outcome at interview, applicants will be required to enrol and pay the full fee, prior to commencement of the course. Enrolment will take place on the 4th and 11th September from 6pm to 8pm in Liberties College. Payment is by cash or cheque made out to City of Dublin ETB. Applicants will be required to enrol and pay the full fee, prior to commencement of the course.