Tourism is a fast growing industry in Ireland with increasing numbers of overseas visitors to our shores. The demand for qualified tour guides has never been higher. This course is aimed at people who have a genuine interest in their locality, have a positive appreciation of Ireland’s history, culture, tradition and folklore and who are enthusiastic about sharing this with others. On successful completion of this course participants will receive the National Tour Guiding (white) Badge and may be included in the approved Tour Guide Directory that is hosted on the Fáilte Ireland website.
- QQI Special Purpose Award in National Tour Guiding 6S20232
- First Aid Responder (PHECC)
Princiapal Areas of Study
- Irish National Heritage & Culture
- Tour Guiding
- Tour Planning
- National Tour Management
- Safety & Health at Work
- Digital Marketing
- Group Management Techniques
- Voice Training
(Modules offered may be subject to change).
Features of the Course
- This course combines lectures with on the job work experience and role playing. Participants will learn about the business of tour guiding as well as gaining hands on experience.
- Tuition is provided by experienced Tour Guides/Historians with guest speakers from regulatory bodies, tour operators & industry experts.
- Practical on the job training including field trips.
- Garda Vetting for work experience.