Course Title: Glass Fusing/ Slumping – Beginners/ Improvers
Course Duration: 10 weeks
Weekly Schedule: Wednesdays 18.00 – 21.00hrs
- 11th November 2020 to 9th Dec. 2020
Continues Wednesday 13th Jan. 2020 to 10th Feb. 2021
*From January 2020 hobby courses may incur VAT charged at standard rate of 23%.
Purpose of the Course:
Suited to absolute beginners as well as those with some experience of working with Glass. You will get an opportunity to make decorative pieces including jewellery and fine art glass. This course covers the basic, glass cutting, forming, fusing and slumping techniques.
- Cutting and shaping glass using various tools
- Understand the firing process
- Experiment with a range of glass materials
- Learn slumping and fusing techniques
Features of the Course:
- Tuition provided by experienced glass teacher
- Access to workshop
- Small class size to facilitate one to one tuition
Application to the course is by enrolment
Application and Enrolment:
Application is by enrolment. Enrolment will take place on the 2nd and 9th September 2020 from 6pm to 8pm in Liberties College. Payment is by cash or cheque made out to City of Dublin ETB. Applicants will be required to enrol and pay the full fee, prior to commencement of the course.