Course Duration: 10 weeks
Weekly Schedule: Wednesdays 18.00 – 21.00hrs
Course Dates: 23rd September to 2nd December 2020
Places Available: 9
* From January 2020 hobby courses may incur VAT charged at standard rate of 23%.
Purpose of the Course:
This course covers analogue photography and darkroom techniques. You will learn how to take photographs with an analogue camera. In addition you will gain an understanding of composition, lighting and how to process a B&W film. You will also have an opportunity to print from your negatives. While all the materials are provided as part of the course students are asked to bring their own analogue camera. Applicants are invited to arrange a meeting (see dates above) with the course teacher prior to commencing the course to answer any questions regarding the darkroom and analogue photography course.
- Camera Controls
- Processing black & white 35mm film
- Photographic styles, e.g., portraiture etc.
- Exposure triangle
- Principles of lighting and composition
- Darkroom printing
Features of the Course:
- Tuition provided by experienced Photographer and visual artist
- All course materials included in tuition fee
- Access to specialist darkroom equipment
- Demonstration in use of hand rendered photographic emulsion techniques.
- This course is suitable for individuals new to analogue photography but is also appropriate to the interests of experienced photographers seeking to develop their practice further.
- Applicants are required to have their own analogue camera.
- Applicants required to attend briefing prior to enrolling on the course – please note the dates of 11th and 18th Sep. ’19.
Application and Enrolment:
Application is by enrolment. Enrolment will take place on Wed. 2nd September 2020 and Wed. 9th September 2020 from 6pm to 8pm in Liberties College. Payment is by cash or cheque made out to City of Dublin ETB. Applicants will be required to enrol and pay the full fee, prior to commencement of the course.