Freshers’ Week @ Liberties College.
Students at Liberties College recently enjoyed a number of fun leisure activities during the recent Freshers’ Week. This event was organised to provide them with an opportunity to mix across courses & departments, try out new things & to enjoy the social, fun side of college life.
Students could participate in teams in a Scavenger Hunt, a Gaming Tournament, a Team-Building Challenge course or a Round Table Quiz. Individually, students could join Drumming Workshops, Zumba, Yoga, Giant Games, Meditation and ‘Taster Activities’ at the YMCA Gym.
Quotes from students who participated:
'There was a great buzz in the college, students mixed really well with each other'
'The prizes for the gaming competition raised the bar and participation'
'Students just came into the canteen for a coffee and stayed for the quiz, coming up to quizmasters after to thank them for a fun experience'.
The winning teams, who earned a range of great prizes, were:
Round Table Quiz:
‘The B Sharps’
- Siobhán Duffy Media HND 2
- Joseph Maher Media HND 2
- Gary O Reilly Media HND 2
- Declan Murray Social and Community Studies
- Mohamed Benmalek, Travel and Tourism
- Junior Dhamini, Travel and Tourism
- Mary R Murray, Healthcare Assistant
- Rebecca McGee, Healthcare Assistant
- Katie Connell, Applied Social Studies
- Louise Mellor, Applied Social Studies